It is possible to reduce weeds by the following methods:
- Check the soil’s pH and add lime to counter acidity.
- Break up the soil with a lawn aerator.
- Re-seed annually to keep your lawn thick and free of bare spots.
- Maintain your lawn at a height of 8 cm (3 in) or more to prevent seeds from germinating in the soil.
- Pull out roots and fill the holes left behind with earth and grass seed.
- Mow the lawn before weeds appear and attach a bag to the lawnmower to pick up the grass seeds.
Other products and methods
- Apply table salt, boiling water, corn gluten (a maximum of two applications in early spring to prevent the germination of undesirable seeds), mulch and a black geotextile fabric.
Information: 514-684-3114 (Green Line) or firstname.lastname@example.org