May 28, 2020
Due to work being executed by the City of Montreal at the Pierrefonds water treatment plant and due to high water demand over the last few days, the... Lire la suite Read more
May 28, 2020
Reminder: the deadline to pay your municipal taxes has been postponed from May 28 to June 29 because of the pandemic. The City will only deposit the... Lire la suite Read more
May 26, 2020
The Comité logement Saint-Laurent is exceptionally offering services to residents of the West Island until August 31, 2020. Founded in 2008, the main... Lire la suite Read more
May 20, 2020
The building at Sunnybrooke Park is getting a makeover! Refection work began the week of May 11, 2020, following the reopening of construction.... Lire la suite Read more
-A A +A


Update: April 8, 2020



What is closed in Dollard-des-Ormeaux?

In order to comply with government guidelines, the facilities and reception offices of the City of Dollard-des-Ormeaux are temporarily closed, including:

- Civic Centre Arenas;
- Aquatic Centre;
- Civic Centre Fitness Room;
- Cultural Centre (Centre for the Arts);
- Community Centre (Seniors Club);
- Reception rooms;
- Conference rooms;
- Library;
- Any park chalet on the territory of the City;
- All children’s playgrounds and play equipment; and
- Dog parks.

For more information as to which stores, restaurants and other businesses are open, please refer to the government's website:

Are City services closed?

Following the announcement made by the Quebec Government on April 5 lengthening the time that Quebec is on pause, the City of Dollard-des-Ormeaux will remain in "essential services" mode until further notice. We are committed to continuing to serve you well, while protecting your health and the health of our employees.

We understand that the response time of our services may be a little longer. To save you longer wait times on the phone, please visit We update the site daily.

City teams continue to provide essential municipal services, such as garbage, recycling and organic waste pickup, access to drinking water and emergency services.

Rest assured that we do everything in our power to be there for you despite the circumstances. We count on your usual cooperation.

Are you going to issue parking tickets?

For now, the current regulations apply. The City analyzes the situation as it evolves. We invite you to stay tuned to the communications issued by the City from its various platforms on this subject, such as:

- our Facebook page;
- our newsletter (subscribe on our website);
- our website; and
- our electronic billboards

Will the payment deadline for the municipal tax be changed?

The due date for the second payment of the municipal tax bill is deferred from May 28 to June 29. The City of Dollard-des-Ormeaux has joined the joint efforts of both levels of government to help its citizens.

Some residents have sent post-dated cheques to the City for payment of their municipal taxes. Originally, these cheques were to be cashed on May 28. However, the City will only cash them on June 29. If you would like your cheque cashed on May 28 as planned, please contact the City at 514-684-1010 or by email at

What are we doing for seniors?

The City of Dollard-des-Ormeaux has launched a telephone number dedicated to seniors and vulnerable people. Seniors who live alone, are anxious and feel isolated can contact the City at 514-684-9391 and leave their name and telephone number. One of our employees will be happy to call them back.

In addition, the City of Montreal has advertised the 211 phone line, which provides support to seniors, including food assistance, transportation and psychological support. Our residents also have access to this support.

Finally, the Quebec government encourages people aged 65 and over to stay at home, except in case of necessity or exception, such as attending an important medical appointment. They can also go out for a walk or go to get food while respecting with the recommended health guidelines.

For more information:

Why keep public transit open?

To find out the situation or recommendations surrounding public transit facilities or services, please contact the STM or EXO.

How can I pay for my settlement at the municipal court?

A telephone service is available at 514-872-2964 for information related to any court records.

Do you plan to close dog parks?

The City's dog parks are now closed. You can take a short walk with your dog while keeping the distances with other people on the street. Don't forget to pick up your dog’s waste.

For more information:

Are children’s playgrounds and play equipment closed?

Since March 20, the City has closed all children’s playgrounds and play equipment in its parks. The closure is in effect now for an indefinite period.

Back to home page