Every year, complications from the flu leave many vulnerable people at risk of hospitalization. This infection is caused by the influenza virus. Immunization is the most effective way for vulnerable people to prevent infection. The Montréal West Island IUHSSC will begin to offer seasonal-flu vaccinations starting November 7. Please click here for the complete schedule for the West Island: Vaccination 2017
In Dollard-des-Ormeaux, the vaccination will be held in the Reception Hall of the Civic Centre, from November 28 to December 9, as per the following schedule: Tuesday to Friday, from 12:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday, from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Vaccination is offered free of charge to:
- people aged 60 years and over;
- people with chronic health conditions;
- children aged 6 to 23 months;
- healthy pregnant women in their 2nd or 3rd trimester;
- people in close contact with these groups and with babies under 6 months of age;
- health professionals.
Thank you for protecting yourself and those around you from influenza.