The watering of lawns and other vegetation is authorized from May 15 to September 1, between 8 p.m. and
11 p.m., on the following days:
- Residents whose door number is even may water on Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays;
- Residents whose door number is odd may water on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Exceptions and permits (residential and commercial)
- Permits are issued by the Patrol;
- Residents who have a special permit following the installation of new grass (said permit is valid for three weeks and allows watering every day from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. except Monday);
- Residents applying a lawn treatment for white grubs;
- In the case of commercial, industrial or public lawns, watering is permitted between 2 a.m. and 5 a.m. following the rule of odd and even days.
- Underground sprinkler systems are subject to the same restrictions;
- Pools: One annual fill-up is permitted between midnight and 6 a.m. Any additional fill-up requires a special permit;
- Cars and driveways: Washing is allowed provided the hose is equipped with an automatic shut-off nozzle and there is no waste;
- Suspension: The City Manager can prohibit the use of water for the watering of lawns and vegetation, pool fill-ups and outdoor washing if the situation (draught, water pipe break, emergency) warrants it.
Not respecting the above-mentioned provisions can lead to fines.
Patrol 514 684-6111
The information contained in this website does not have legal value, the official text has precedence.