Dispatchers and patrollers are on duty around the clock, seven days a week. They patrol Dollard-des-Ormeaux and enforce municipal bylaws related to:
What is the R U OK program?
It is a program offered to eligible residents to ensure their safety.
What makes a resident eligible?
Residents must be:
- Retired, semi-retired or chronically ill
- Over 55 years of age
- Living alone or with a person who is physically or mentally disabled
How does the program work?
Members of the program will receive a phone call once a day from the communications officer on duty to confirm their safety.
What happens when you do not answer the phone?
- The communications officer on duty will inform the officers on patrol of a possible R U OK alert.
- If unsuccessful in establishing communication with the member, the patrol officers will then gain entry to the residence with the key provided.
- Depending on the situation that the patrol officers encounter, the appropriate services will be contacted.
How much does the service cost?
It is free; you simply need to have a phone and a spare key for the patrol officers to access your residence in case of emergency.
How do you sign up for the program?
If you are interested in signing up for the program, please contact the Dollard-des Ormeaux Municipal Patrol at 514-684-6111.