The City wishes to inform you of some of the obstructions and closures caused by REM work.
Water Main Connection Work
To connect a water main to an existing water line, two new temporary site entrances must be built to access the work zones. The connection work will be carried out starting May 2, 2022 and continue for about 10 weeks.
To carry out this work, two temporary truck routes will be set up in the sector. The map below shows the work zone and the temporary truck routes in place.
- This work will generate noise.
- Two work site entrances must be built via Anthony and Logan streets.
- There will be a temporary water service interruption on Anthony Street. The REM will send a special notice to all affected residences.
- A section of the Logan Street dog park will also be temporarily closed.
Continuation of work on the Alexander overpass
In order to continue the construction of the Alexander overpass, a partial obstruction of the street will be required to provide a safe working space to perform the post-tensioning of the overpass beams. During this period, traffic will be alternating.
This obstruction will occur daily between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. from Monday, May 2, to Friday, May 6, 2022.
- Alexander Street will be partially closed, between Bonny and De la Station streets. Alternating traffic will be put in place to maintain traffic around the work site with the help of flaggers and appropriate signage.
- A sidewalk barrier on the west side will also be in place during the day. The sidewalk will remain accessible to pedestrians.
For more information, contact the REM at 1-833-REM-INFO