Future REM work near the City of Dollard-des-Ormeaux
Construction work on the Réseau express métropolitain (REM) is beginning in the West Island. The REM will build construction sites in anticipation of the construction of REM infrastructure and five new stations. For details of the REM work, visit their website: https://rem.info/en/works-info
|Impacts and measures|
- Geotechnical drilling (at stations and in between stations)
- Location of utilities by hydro-excavation
– This work can cause noise.
June 14 - November
|Between Bois-Franc and Sunnybrooke stations|
- Construction of a new railway bridge in the Bois-de-Liesse nature park
– This work can cause noise and vibration.
Des Sources station AND between Des Sources and Pointe-Claire stations
- Relocation of utilities
- Construction of access roads
– This work can cause noise, dust and lane closures.
Throughout the REM network
- Work for the construction of the overhead structure (caissons, columns, headers, and concrete segments)
– This work can cause noise, dust, and vibration. (mitigation measures planned)
– Minor and short-term obstructions could be put in place to continue this work
West Island junction between stations – Des Sources and Pointe-Claire stations
- Assembly of the launch beam (on the ground)
- Construction of the retaining wall
– This work can cause noise, dust, vibration and frequent trucking.
Other items of interest
The mobilization of the launch beams for the installation of the segments on the West Island antenna has begun. To see a video in fast motion:
Citizen meetings were held on April 29 in the West Island and June 5 in Pierrefonds-Roxboro, which allowed us to discuss with the residents of Dollard-des-Ormeaux about REM work, cars and the architectural principles of the stations, as well as the public transit mitigation strategy for users of the Deux-Montagnes and Mascouche trains.
Meeting minutes will be available at
Some meetings are available for replay at:
Contacting the REM
rem.info |1 833 REM-INFO (736-4636) | email@example.com