REM: Preparatory work near the future Des Sources station
As of February 25, 2020
Montréal (West Island)
Nature of the work
As part of the work for building the Réseau express métropolitain (REM), preparatory work consisting of tree cutting will be carried out to make way for the future Des Sources station located in Pointe-Claire.
The map below shows the area where tree cutting will take place:
- The work will be carried out outside the nesting period (March 31 to August 15) to limit impacts on birds, their nests and eggs.
- These activities will be overseen by environmental experts.
- At-risk plant species and trees will be relocated as required.
- Through a reforestation program, the same number of trees that were cut in temporary construction zones will be replanted, and an additional 10% will be planted in the municipal territory or borough where the trees were cut to make way for the project.
- In addition, a total of 250,000 trees will be planted to offset the GHG emissions produced during the construction phase.
For all questions | 1 833 REM-INFO
Write us via the contact form of the "Contact us" page. You may contact us by phone on weekdays between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.