The Regroupement des éco-quartiers (REQ) and the Soverdi, in collaboration with the City of Dollard-des-Ormeaux, invite the residents to plant trees on their land to enrich urban biodiversity and increase the canopy cover of their neighborhood. 19 new species are offered this year, including the 'Tilton' apricot tree, alongside favourites such as the 'Stella' cherry tree.
For the spring edition of A Tree for my Neighborhood, (April 15 to June 1), Dollard-des-Ormeaux residential landowners can purchase one or more trees at low prices: $ 25 for regular trees and $ 35 for fruit trees. Twenty-six species of trees are offered to buyers. The trees range in size from 1.5 to 2 meters at the time of purchase.
For the fall edition of A Tree for my Neighborhood which will be held from August 26 to September 28, 2020, the owners of a residential lot in the City of Dollard-des-Ormeaux can purchase one or more trees at low prices: $ 25 for regular trees and $ 35 for fruit trees. About twenty species of a size of 1.5 to 2 meters at the purchase is offered to buyers.
Interested parties can select and buy their trees directly on the website unarbrepourmonquartier.org. Together, let’s green Dollard-des-Ormeaux while continuing to beautify our neighborhoods and improve our quality of life!
Steps to obtain a tree :
There will be two tree distributions, one in the spring and one in the fall.
- From April 15 to June 1, and from August 26 to September 28, owners of residential land in Dollard-des-Ormeaux can purchase one or more trees for a modest fee of $25 for regular trees and $35 for fruit trees. About twenty species, ranging in size from 1.5 to 2 metres, are available.
- Interested buyers can choose and order their tree(s) from the unarbrepourmonquartier.org website.
The terms and conditions are as follows:
INSTAGRAM CONTEST: GREENING DDO
- Orders must be placed before June 1 for distribution starting mid-June and before September 28 for distribution starting mid-October.
- The trees will be delivered to residents and planted by GRAME around mid-June for trees ordered before June 1 and mid-October for trees ordered before September 28.
- Citizens will be responsible for the maintenance of their tree(s) and if the trees are well maintained and healthy (less than 30% decline) after 2 years, they will be reimbursed.
In addition to greening your neighbourhood, you can win a bike or one of two gardening sets!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
1. Follow the @VILLEDDO profile on Instagram.
2. Take a picture of your already planted tree (be creative).
3. Publish the photo on your Instagram profile using the hashtags #VERDIRDDDO #DDOGREEN and identify us as @VILLEDDO in the photo.
- The City will hold the draw on November 10, 2020, at 7:30 p.m. at the regular Council meeting.
- See all the conditions on our website at www.ville.ddo.qc.ca
GREENING DDO CONTEST RULES
1. Participants must be 13 years of age or older.
2. To be eligible, a participant must be a Dollard-des-Ormeaux homeowner.
3. The first prize is a bike worth $800 (taxes included). No refund will be available.
4. The second and third prizes are gardening kits worth $100 each (taxes included).
5. No employee or elected official of the City of Dollard-des-Ormeaux may participate in this contest.
6. The contest will run from mid-June 2020 until November 10, 2020.
7. The City of Dollard-des-Ormeaux will hold the draw on November 10, 2020, at 7:30 p.m. at the regular Council meeting.
8. The winner will be contacted directly through his or her Instagram account and will be invited to the Civic Centre (12001 Boulevard de Salaberry, Québec H9B 2A7) at a specific time and date to receive the prize. If the winner is a young person under the age of 18, he or she must appear in the company of a responsible adult.
9. The winner must present proof of identity and proof of residence when receiving the prize.
10. A photo of the winner will be taken and may be published later on the City of Dollard-des-Ormeaux’s website or Facebook page.
11. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
12. The information provided will only be used for the purposes of this competition.