To complete a project of this magnitude, Hydro-Québec had to go through several steps
- Have the project approved by the Régie de l'énergie. Approval was received on January 29, 2016 (Decision D-2016-0131 - French only)
- Obtain a favourable recommendation from the Bureau d'audiences publiques sur l'environnement (BAPE). Click here to see a summary of the file.
- The public hearing was divided into two parts. The first part, the Commission of Inquiry, held three sessions in Dorval on April 20 and 21, 2016. The sessions in the first part provided a better understanding of the project's aspects, its context, and its host environment. Hydro-Québec and other resource persons were present to answer questions from the public and from the commission of inquiry.
- The second part took place in Dollard-des-Ormeaux on May 17, 2016. The purpose of this session was to listen to anyone who had indicated their intention to submit a brief or to make their opinion and suggestions on the project known orally.
- The panel received 16 briefs, nine of which were presented at the May 17 public meeting.
- The report was made public on 29 September 2016 (Report 326)
- All documents for this public consultation can be viewed by clicking on the following link: BAPE hearings
- Request for a certificate of authorization for the project to be carried out by the Council of Ministers. Decree 77-2017 dated February 8 orders that a certificate of authorization be issued to Hydro-Québec with conditions.. decree from the Council of Ministers.
Hydro-Québec, the BAPE, and the City also gave residents opportunities to comment on the project
. They integrated the residents' comments as best they could into the project.
- Information to residents
informing them of the main lines of the project and inviting them to "an information and consultation meeting to be held in the fall of 2014."
- Open house activity at the Civic Centre (December 3, 2014)
- Presentation of the solutions selected
for the project taking into account, amongst other things, residents' concerns (April 30, 2015)
- Public information session (March 30, 2016)
- Public hearings (April 20 and 21, 2016)