Annual mobile collection
By diverting from landfill sites material that is toxic for our environment, we will be improving our management of recyclable materials. An eco-friendly gesture!
Twice a year (in the spring and fall), the City of Dollard-des-Ormeaux organizes a free collection service for household hazardous waste (HHW), electronic waste, Styrofoam as well as the shredding of confidential documents.
Household hazardous waste (HHW)
- AAA to D alkaline batteries
- adhesives epoxy, paint stripper, spray cans
- automotive batteries (acid/lead)
- cleaning products: drain pipe cleaners, degreasers
- fluorescent tubes and compact fluorescent light bulbs
- leftover latex or alkyd paint*
- motor oil**
- pool chemicals
- propane tanks or cylinders
- rechargeable batteries: Ni-Cd, Ni-MH, Li-ion or Pb
- turpentine, Varsol, gasoline, fuel, thinner, alcohol, shellac
*Paint can be brought, year round, to Rona stores.
**Used motor oils can be brought to most Canadian Tire stores.
- Used tires (they can be brought to dealers)
- polyurethane foam insulation containers (bring them to Rona, Home Depot, etc.)
Styrofoam and plastic #6
Styrofoam: coffee cups, meat, fish and vegetable trays, protective packaging for electronic devices…
Plastics no.6: plastic utensils, trays (blue or black) for mushrooms, single-serving yogurt containers (note that yogurt cups sold in packages of 4 or more are generally not accepted, but small yogurt cups sold individually are generally accepted because they are made from recyclable plastic), transparent folding pastry wrappers (e.g. croissants), mini milk and coffee cream containers, CD and DVD cases…
Watch for this logo, if you see it, do not put these items in your recycling bin. Put them aside and bring them to one of the annual mobile collections!
Permanent drop-off points
In addition to the annual mobile collection service, the City of Dollard-des-Ormeaux offers its residents a permanent drop-off location for electronic waste. Please note that you can bring your electronic waste twice a year at the annual mobile collection service, organised by the City. For other used household items, consider bringing them to the Ecocentre.
This depot is for residents of the City of Dollard-des-Ormeaux only.
- Opening hours: from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Reserved parking space for users.
Dollard-des-Ormeaux (Québec) H9B 2X9
Computers, cellular phones, screens, printers, televisions, radios, photocopiers, fax machines, scanners, modems, players (VHS, DVD, CD and MP3), digital and video cameras, video consoles, etc.
We also accept batteries, printer cartridges, DVDs and CDs, cassettes (audio, VHS, etc.).
This site is for Dollard-des-Ormeaux residents only.
To know more about electronic items accepted, visit the Recycle My Electronics
All appliances must be brought to one of the ecocentres (see section on the right).
General information: 514-684-1010
Suggestion or complaint: 514-684-1034